Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last few working days in Singapore



Sometimes, I miss my days in Singapore. Absolute freedom, big paychecks, no worries, many opportunities to go for conferences, research life. Sigh.. I miss the little white mice in my previous lab..

I left Singapore for good to start a family. Almost everyone including my Singaporean boss, collegues, family members, friends reckoned that it was a very bad choice. But I had decided to be a maried man. It had been a year with no kid running around the house. And without a kid, a marriage is incomplete.

Like tens o f thousands Sarawakians crossed the Causeway to Singapore to earn an honest living everyday, I followed the rat race too. I missed waking up at 5.30am, took a bath and walked to a nearby coffee shop for breakfast. Walked few kilometres to the Immigration checkpoint, boarded a bus, checked through Singapore Immigration, off to the bus again and lastly onto a MRT train to Outram Park station, where I used to work in Singapore General Hospital.

I pondered a bit during those few last days earning the dollars. What if..? What if my business fails, what if I can't earn enough to feed my family, what if I didn't reach my goal, what is this and what if that..















But in the end, I said a little prayer to my Lord. I left everything in His hands.

Que sera sera

Whatever will be, will be....

2 comments:

  1. let's go visit ur long missed country this november with bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! God's willing. We're flying to the Lion City

    ReplyDelete