Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Baby was lost in Parkson



Last Sunday, my wife and I brought our 13-month-old baby to Parkson in The Spring. The moment we entered the ground floor, he itched to go down and wandered by himself. By the time I brought him to third floor, my wife was selecting pieces of fabric for our new place. When we reached a section selling mirrors, I did the dumbest thing a father could do. I let my baby out of my sight for 3 seconds. He was probably about 5 feet away. Apparently, he ran away to touch things on display. For that long long 2 minutes, I kept telling myself not to panic. When my wife saw my worried face, she knew that I had lost sight of our son. She was calling our son over and over again. I ran up and down every aisle. And thank God for mercy, I found my Darrien walked around with puzzled face "Where are Mommy and Daddy?"



Big lesson was learnt on that day. Never, ever... lost sight of our child. If we have to look away, even for a mere one second, we must hold on to a part of our precious baby.

God knows what will happen to both of us should our baby was not found that night..



Is it the right time to buy a child leash?

No comments:

Post a Comment