Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let's cook porridge



I'm officially a stay-at-home dad on the 1st of March 2011. The Ministry granted me a 39 months of unpaid leave. I do laundry and taking care of my son. 24/7 job.



Any child carer will tell you that getting a toddler to sleep is no easy feat! Toddlers sleep a lot in a day. And that's when I have time to cook my son's meal.

Let's start with the easiest food to cook. Porridge.


Heat up filtered water or chicken stock in a small pot.


Get some rice. Preferably Bario rice. Afterall, only the best for our children.

Bario rice is considered one of the best in the world.


Wash rice.


Though the estimated volume of water to rice is one's preference, I suggest a ratio of 10 parts of water to 1 part of rice.


Let it cook. Stir the rice once in awhile. We don't want it to get burn, do we?


Almost there.


My son's lunch.

Too easy to cook. It's almost impossible for one not to know how to cook porridge.



Else ask my son. Maybe in ten years time.

No comments:

Post a Comment