Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do you want to be a Stay-at-Home Dad?



I wakes up at 7.05 am every morning. So does my toddler. The day starts with the child running around, grabbing comb and throwing it away, grabbing a key and chewing it, throwing away every clothes he sees.


Darrien's pacifier of which the nipple was hardly sucked on.

Many girls or working 20-something mothers wish to be a Stay-at Home Mother. Any Asian guy out there who wants to be a Stay-at-Home Dad? Did I hear a faint Yes? Hear it first hand from me. Don't even think about it! Hahaha... Just kidding.

As many jobs out there, Stay-at-Home Dad is a form of job. It's a hard job. Don't think that life is easy without traffic jam, punch card, office politics, never ending piles of assignments and dealing with difficult boss and clients.

The amount of laundry to be done is exhausting. The child's loud cry, keeping the house clean, cleaning up the child's mess, cooking meals and keeping myself sane are no easy tasks, trust me.

On Saturdays and Sundays, when my parents are not around, I admit I count the hours when the next adult is at sight of the baby. So that I can grab a meal, have a bath and just simply relax from all the constant whines and cries.

But I believe all the smiles the toddlers give us. Hugs. Seeing him doing a new thing that makes us say "WAhh.." Looking at his angelic face when he sleeps does make me proud to be a Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment