Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mukah

I received several comments lately while using Facebook. "Great Dad", "You're a good dad" were few remarks I got. It hit me hard. In late 2009, I received my first posting letter. I was posted to Mukah Hospital. I had just sold my tuition centre. My boy would be delivered days later.

Mukah is at least three hours away from Sibu by road. There is no direct flight from Sibu to Mukah. But there are flights from Kuching to Mukah. I took one last June.


The interior of the plane is only a third of a bus. No air conditioner. Just small fans.


Twin Otter plane. The pilot was the one with white short and black tie


The baggage collection place at the Mukah Airport.


I was there for a wedding occasion.

Thank God for posting me to Sibu Hospital because there is actually no post available in Mukah.

I will never have the chance to smile at my son when he opens his eyes every mornings, hugs him, make his milk, gives him baths, change his diapers, least not a good father if I'm working in Mukah now.

No comments:

Post a Comment