Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Round head map tacks


Seen these colourful items before?

What if you find them in a baby's mouth? How would you feel?

I found one in my son's mouth this evening. Blue-colored one. It is as long as the one pictured above. His mouth was moving as he's chewing food normally. To my great surprise, it was a pin!

First, never ever panic. I didn't. But my head was spinning. What if he swallowed the pin? What if it stucked in the throat? What should I do? Should I bring him to the hospital? Should I give him any sort of first aid?

I tried to coax him. He's running about. Laughing loudly. I managed to catch him and held down his head firmly. He screamed and cried. My 'opportunity' came. He opened his mouth. With a quick move, I drew out the pin slowly. Good grief..

Keeping an eye on an active baby is no easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment